Subject: [IP] Basal Rates and site problems

Last time I visited my dietician and my endo they did not like the fact that
I was on 4 different basal rates throughout the day

I called Jake's educator, and discussed the routines I saw in his bloodsugars
and asked if it was ok  to "tweak" his basals and just how many times could
they be changed in a day.  She encouraged me to "tweak" since I take
extremely detailed notes on his bloodsugars.  She said it didn't matter to
the endo how many times a day his basals were changed, but to only 'tweak"
one at a time.  I am happy to say, we are now making it through the school
day without the ups and downs, and have been able to make it through 2 weeks
of track with only minor drops that were caught on the field right away and

Judy, mom to Jake,13, pumping since 8/01