Re: [IP] could this be neuropathy?

--- email @ redacted wrote:
> My 15 year old son has had diabetes for over 13
> years.  He has never had an
> A1C higher than the 8's.  He has developed pain in
> his wrist with numbness
> and tingling in his thumb, index, and middle fingers
> with the pain radiating
> to his elbow.

I had this 9 months after my son was born. I would
drop just about anything I picked up with my right
hand.  When I went to the doctor he said if I found
out what it was tell him because his wife had it(go
figure)--That's another story.  I put up with it for
about 3 months and it then went away as quickly as it
had come.  I think it was hormone related. Your son is
in the middle of puberty possibly his has something to
do with hormones.
 Another possibility (the case of my brother in law
with Type2) he was always falling asleep sitting up
with his head propped up in his hand).When he stopped
doing this, his went away.  Could your son be leaning
on it all day in school? You know the typical pose
slouching and holding head in hand with wrist bent
back. just some experiences. gl. peg

Do You Yahoo!?