[IP] Re: testing / shooting in public

From: Billie Sue Parker
Subject: Re: [IP] pump
> > > I am on a pump too, but I don't hide to do finger sticks in public.
In restaurants, I do try to be a little discreet because people are eating
and some people get sick at the site of blood. >>>

I think there is a big difference in hiding and being discreet. Yay for
discreetness! ;)  Since I am a DMer and have done a zillion and 2 finger
sticks, I must say the first time I saw another DMer lick the blood off I
could NOT take a test for three days!!!  If it bothers *me* that much, I can
imagine what it would do for someone whom is exposed to that in a
restaurant - or anywhere. *I* don't think that's a good way to educate about
what *we* have to go through. Definitely YMMV (~_^)

If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible
warning. -Catherine Aird-