Re: [IP] Basal Rates and site problems

In a message dated 4/12/02 9:08:11 AM Central Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> Last time I visited my dietician and my endo they did not like the fact that
> I was on 4 different basal rates throughout the day.  My endo switched me
> 2 different rates and I woke up low every morning so I switched back to
> what
> had been working before.  I take .5 from 12-3a, .7 from 3-7a, .9 from
> 7a-9p,
> and .7 from 9p-12p Humolog from the 508 pump

That is the joy of having of a pump.  To adjust your basals to your
individual needs.
Why else would the 508 give you the option of 48 different basal rates.
(isn't that what it is?  you can change your rate every half hour).

I am on 4 different basal rates throughout the day too.  I just saw my endo
and he didn't have a problem with it, because he went by my bs values.  Even
though sometimes I am quite high, I figured I just didn't bolus enough.

Like you said, "you switched back to what was working for you".  Everyone is
different.!!!!!!!!!  your endo should know that.
Dx Type 1: June 1983
pumping since 2/01/02
MM 508