[IP] Basal Rates and site problems

Last time I visited my dietician and my endo they did not like the fact that
I was on 4 different basal rates throughout the day.  My endo switched me to
2 different rates and I woke up low every morning so I switched back to what
had been working before.  I take .5 from 12-3a, .7 from 3-7a, .9 from 7a-9p,
and .7 from 9p-12p Humolog from the 508 pump.  Has anyone else had this
feedback or see this as a problem?

In regards to site problems, I get a quarter to half-dollar sized lump every
time I switch sites every 2 1/2 days.  They go away and do not seem infected
so I figured it was just part of having a pump.  I have only used my abdomen
as a site thus far but am kind of a small person and fear that I am
inserting into the muscle.  I already use the short cannula.  Any ideas?

It's great to have this list to compare notes!!