[IP] Grandma injects non-diabetic baby with insulin

This is a sad story that appeared in our newspaper this morning.  A 41 year
old grandmother babysitting her 17 month old grandson injected him with
insulin.  Neither she nor the baby had diabetes, but someone in the household
did, thus syringes and insulin were about.  The incident happened a couple of
months ago, the granny appeared in court yesterday.  There is no explanation
for why she did this, and the doctors will be preparing a report on possible
long-term adverse effects on the child.  He was rushed to hospital by his
parents after he fell unconscious, but no further medical details about him
were discussed in the story.
     I thought that I would pass on this little report, as similar items have
been discussed here previously.
Barbara, Mum of Claire 8