Re: [IP] pump

In a message dated 4/11/2002 7:21:52 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Am I the only person out there who doesn't "hide" when doing finger sticks
>  injections?   OK OK, I'm pumping now so I don't inject anymore unless I'm
>  taking a pump break.

No, you're definitely not alone . . . Most kids with D that I've met don't
(with a few exceptions for self-conscious teens and a few school-age kids who
prefer to get their injection in their fanny, but not in public.)

Katie has never hidden her BG checks (or her injections when she was on MDI).
 The thought never occured to us . . . I wouldn't want her testing or
injecting in bathrooms anymore than I would have gone into a public restroom
to breast feed my babies.  I see no need to make a spectacle of it, nor any
reason to hide any of it either . . .

Pumpmama to Katie