Re: [IP] Long tooth story 8-)

Sue, I don't know if this might apply to you, BUT my teeth have been really
horrible for years.  It didn't start when I was little, like yours, but at
the age of 19, after having had only one cavity in my life, I went to the
dentist and he found 25 cavities!!!  It was the same (give or take) every
six months after that.  I would always ask the dentists what could possibly
be causing this and they acted like I should be brushing/flossing better or
more or something (really there's only so much you can do).  Then recently I
found out what the problem was:  turns out that I have celiac disease which
runs with type I (ie, one of those pesky auto-immune disorders).  Celiac is
an intolerance to wheat gluten that can cause malabsorption of various
nutrients (among other things).  About one of every twenty type one
diabetics has it and it is a disease that is famous for going undiagnosed
for decades.  If you think this could be you, check out
http://www.celiac.com.  Good luck!

ever since I was very small