Re: [IP] Alcohol - to use or not to use?

When I started using my pump in 97, my endo told me to use alcohol to clean the
skin unless I decided to use a site for more than 3 days at which time he could
prescribe me something stronger such as a betadine solution.  I also have been
doing finger sticks since 82 or 83.  I have always used alcohol before pricking
my fingers.  I do tend to have dry skin but not on pump sites or the tips of my
fingers.  I guess the alcohol and finger tips is just habit, it just doesn't
feel right unless I clean it with alcohol first.  I have recently started using
a skin prep pad that is mostly alcohol, but does leave a protective layer
between my skin and the adhesive and have also had no problem with dry skin on
my pump sites.  I just wanted to make sure that I was not putting myself in any
kind of danger as far as "getting alcohol under my skin."  Why would this be a
problem?  Thanks in advance.

Billie