Re: [IP] Alcohol - to use or not to use?

In a message dated 4/11/2002 8:16:33 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I use alcohol also and I am not sure what the original issue was with using
>  alcohol.  Can someone explain?
 I'm not sure when the original issue was raised (or why) but I know that at
diagnosis, our CDE at the Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes,
suggested NOT using any alcohol on the skin (in this case it was in relation
to injections, not pump sites) because alcohol can be so drying to the skin .
. . the only thing we used alcohol swabs for is to wipe off the top of the
insulin bottle before drawing from it.  It could be that this rec. was
specifically because the air is so dry in Colorado -- but I've heard the same
being told to maky parents from all over the country on the CWD parents list
. . .

Pumpmama to Katie