Re: [IP] Humalog vs. Novalog

> Hi all, can anyone (or more persons) please tell me the pros and
> cons of Humalog vs. Novalog.  I saw my Endo on 4/8 and he wants to
> switch me from Humalog to Novalog but I told him I would first
> research it and get back to him.  I have seen discussions on this
> issue before but to be honest I didn't really pay much attention to
> it.  You can e-mail me privately at email @ redacted or address
> the issue here.  I promise this time I will read all posts.

If Humalog is working for you and you have no side effects then there
is no reason to change. i.e., if it ain't broke, don't fix it......
If you experience any of the side effects, burning, stinging, short
site life (<<3 days), redness around the insertion site then Novolog
may help.

There is a subset of people that experience these problems with
Humalog and a subset of people (different group) that appears to have
similar problems with Novolog. Neither of these compounds are true
insulins so a few people do react to them as "foreign".