RE: [IP] Paradgn Pump Consideration

Jim asked,
I know this topic has been covered but I am trying to decide whether or not
to trade to the Paradigm pump.
My response (copied from a post I sent a couple of days ago):
I have a Paradigm.  The only similarity to the 508 is the way it times basals (.1 unit at a time)
and the time it takes to deliver a bolus (slow, to eliminate 'pooling'), and some of the screens
(where you set bolus, basal, temp basal).
What's new:
No clicks when delivering a bolus.
A menu system and a screen with 5 lines of display.  So if you want to get to the utility that
shows you your daily totals, you pick utilities off the menu and go straight there.  Once there,
instead of each day being on a different screen, requiring button pushing to view it, you get a
display with 4 days of totals, and a way to scroll through the display without pushing buttons.
The basal review and bolus history screens work the same way.
The way you fill the reservoirs and load them into the pump is new.  The pump calculates the
amount of insulin in the reservoir automatically.  I usually wind up with 140 units, which is fine
for me as that is more than 4 days worth of insulin.  The prime takes seconds instead of minutes.
There is an escape button so you can back out of a screen, or quit out a screen if you didn't mean
to go there.  I'm sure this list isn't complete, but it's what comes to mind.
It is awesome.  I LOVE MY PARADIGM.

Do You Yahoo!?