[IP] Re: Meaning of "TEFLON damage"

meg teg schrieb:

> BEWARE of humungous TEFLON damage, thinner is
> better)???????????
> what does this mean?

Hi folks!

Has anyone noticed that teflon infusion sets are thicker than needles?
Apparently, they've gotten thinner since I last wore them, but I doubt
they're as thin as infusion sets with needles (let alone disposable
sayringes and/or insulin pen needles.

What do you think? Is it better to stick yourself with something that is
thin or something that is thick? Do you think that maybe you might do
yourself (that is: your belly) more damage if you make a big hole in it
rather than a small hole? Do you think gouging a big hole in your belly
might hurt your belly or perhaps even lead to scarring? If you answered
"yes", then congratulations: you've probably understood what I'm trying to

One more note: Hurting your belly may very well lead to diminished diabetes

p.s. (I'm leaving aside the issues of teflon crimpling, bending, etc.)