[IP] starting basal

When Shannon started pumping, her starting TDD was
based on an average of 3-4 days worth of total daily
insulin. From this they took half and divided it by
24hrs, for the basal, and the other half was used for
bolus. This is only meant to be a starting point.

This method seems to be fairly standard but there may
be other ones out there.

Take care, Kerri, mom of Shannon-11, dxT1 5.4yrs,
pumping 2.4yrs, and 7 other blessings
~*~do-`da-ga-g`hv-i (until we meet again)~*~

Jayne said:
I am a little concerned about the starting basal level
though.  They used a formula to figure it out that was
based on my total daily insulin.  (I think it was:
total daily x .75/2 all divided by 24.)  My problem
with this is that it means that my starting basal rate
is completely dependant on how much I eat on the day
they get the daily total from, which makes no sense to
me at all - since the basal should be independant of
how much I eat and bolus