Re: [IP] Re: venting

In a message dated 4/10/2002 4:03:37 AM Mountain Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> One of my concerns with my son is that he won't use any other sites but his
> stomach.  He has been warned by the old endo to move his site around.  Any
> suggestions for a 15 year old with not a lot of body fat?

Our endo says the same thing to my daughter who, so far, only wants to use
her stomach.  As a compromise she does use the entire area, all the way out
to her sides and upt 2" from her belly button, and then all the way up and
down, right and left.  There are many other places where they *can* place
their sites -- but they have to be willing to . . .

Our CDE says that in her experience is that simply some people are
predisposed to developing site problems and others aren't.  You should
practice good rotation the best that you can (even if you are only using one
major area, such as the stomach) -- but beyond that there's really no way to
predict whether you'll have site problems on down the road (though if you had
problems while on injections, you're likely to develop them on the pump).  So
while she encourages Katie to consider using other areas when she sees her at
each quarterly visit, until there something to indicate that this is
medically necessary, she doesn't make a big issue of it . . .

Pumpmama to Katie