RE: [IP] Paradgn Pump Consideration

A guy in my school got the Paradigm started yesterday. He says that there is no"shooter" for the infusion sets..they are on backorder. So until he gets it, he has to insert manually.  I just don't think I have the stomach for that...I have a spare sofserter that I bought myself in case my other one "breaks", dies, gets lost...I guess I could do it manually...thought I couldn't give myself a shot either, but I did for 14 yrs...I hope they are in stock by the time I get ready to get mine...this guy had a 507 and his warranty ran out...he is not part of the upgrade program...I received my package of info from MM yesterday as well...guess it was a mass mailing.

-----Original Message-----
From: JIM PHILLIPS [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2002 9:44 AM
To: Insulin Pumpers (E-mail)
Subject: [IP] Paradgn Pump Consideration

I know this topic has been covered but I am trying to decide whether or not
to trade to the Paradigm pump.  I've been on the mm 508 for over 5 years now
and love it.  I got the information on the Paradigm pump yesterday and
looked at the comparisons but the only real difference that I could see was
the size ( 0.77" from 0.87" in width) , 1/4 ounce lighter, is water "tight"
in stead of "resistant", and  does not click.  The disadvantage that I see
to the Paradigm is the resevoir holds less insulin therefore having to use
up more supplies...  Could someone out there tell me why I should change.
The only real reason I might change is the new waranty period, however, I
still have 3 more years on my 508 and with the extra year that would be
added if I stay with what I have, no difference.
Thanks
Jim