[IP] Educated Diabetics with low grades?

>From a "wire service report" my newspaper related that the driver of the daycare van in Tennessee "had low-grade diabetes".  I wonder if the writer of this had much better
grades in school?   First I've heard mention of "low-grade" diabetes, I wonder what grade my diabetes would be in?  According to NTSB reports, the driver may have been an
undiagnosed diabetic whose 359 lb. girth may have limited his movement and response capabilities.  Tests have not revealed yet whether he had any marijuana in his
system, but there was some in his clothes.