Re: [IP] How to test a cat

On Tues, April 09, 2002 10:13 PM"Kathleen DeFranceschi"
<email @ redacted> wrote:

> I remember someone posting that they test their cat's bood sugar.
> I would like to know what spot you test from on their body-I got
> a one touch ultra that I don't use but since the amout of blood
> is small I thought I would check my "big" kitty rather than bring
> her in for the major/exensive blood work at the vet. Also, what
> is a normal reading for a cat, is it the same as us?

Pictures on where and how to are here
http://www.sugarcats.net/sites/harry/bgtest.htm

Not sure of exact numbers, but their blood sugars do run considerably higher
than what we (or the dogs) call "normal"

George
(who had a diabetic Great Dane and Dwarf Hamster who have both crossed over
"Rainbow Bridge")