Re: [IP] How to test a cat

On Tues, April 09, 2002 10:13 PM"Kathleen DeFranceschi"
<email @ redacted> wrote:

> I remember someone posting that they test their cat's bood sugar.
> I would like to know what spot you test from on their body-I got
> a one touch ultra that I don't use but since the amout of blood
> is small I thought I would check my "big" kitty rather than bring
> her in for the major/exensive blood work at the vet. Also, what
> is a normal reading for a cat, is it the same as us?

Pictures on where and how to are here

Not sure of exact numbers, but their blood sugars do run considerably higher
than what we (or the dogs) call "normal"

(who had a diabetic Great Dane and Dwarf Hamster who have both crossed over
"Rainbow Bridge")