Re: [IP] Type I denied life insurance at age 31!

It IS possible to get reasonably priced life insurance while having
diabetes.  I have a $ 150,000, 30 year term life insurance policy through
U.S Financial Life.  I got the policy shortly before my 39th birthday (I'm
now 40).  I have had diabetes for over 32 years and have a few
complications - retinopathy, high blood pressure, hand and shoulder joint
problems and avascular necrosis in my shoulder joints.  My premium is $
317.50 annually ($26.46 per month) and I did not have a physical or any kind
of testing done by someone hired by the insurance co.  They contacted my
Endocrinologist and got all the necessary information from her.  My husband,
who is very healthy (and 18 months older), applied for insurance at the same
time and had to have someone come to our home to draw blood, check blood
pressure, weight, etc. and his premium is higher than mine.   My agent chose
to use a company that insures hard to insure people and she wasn't at all
surprised I was approved (I was shocked).  The first agent I contacted for
life insurance didn't think I was insurable and I'm so glad I decided to
look elsewhere.  Hope this helps someone!

Brenda in MI

Subject: Re: [IP] Type I denied life insurance at age 31!