[IP] more on movies

Another movie with diabetic characters was "Memento". I thought it was
a really great movie, but not so good on the portrayal of diabetes. The
women with diabetes in the movie (including a young woman) were given
their insulin by their partners and one character seemed to get her
shot in a the vein in her arm. I appreciated the inclusion of a sexy
diabetic woman character, though. (as compared to Chocolat with its
moralistic tone about diabetes care and its exclusion of the woman with
diabetes from the freedom etc experienced by the rest of the

Katie McGovern