RE: [IP] Re: "Steel Magnolias" and time lines

Someone earlier said that Steel Magnolias didn't show her once check her bg or give herself a shot...I think that the omission(I agree that no one will go see a movie of someone checking their bg and shooting themselves)makes D more misunderstood.  My mother saw the movie and cried her eyes out...she didn't(and still doesn't)understand the disease...she understands part of it but knows nothing about my pump and could not begin to take care of me, should I need care.  Unless you live this disease, you don't know about it.  The movie couldn't show all the ins and outs of D, but also brought it to the forefront and didn't explain it.