Re: [IP] A couple of questions... - Accu-Chek

From: "Mary Walden"
>>>How is the Accu-chex designed specifically for the pump.   I use the
Accu-chex  & have the software for the computer.>>>

I can't tell you the exact year they were released, but Roche contacted pump
doctors to have their pump patients try them out. I was in the user study -
when they had those awful, terrible strips that had a red patch - if you
didn't have enough blood, you could add more. Oh, yeah - it was when I was
legally blind ('97) and try to match red blood onto a red spot!!! Nigh on
impossible. Took me 3-5 strips just to get one good test. *I* say, you can
thank me for the blue Comfort Curves cuz I complained loudly on the survey
follow up sheet. LOL

Anyway, the meter has Edit/Enter data, Insulin amount, insulin pump (?),
Carbohydrates, Events, Exercise, Ketones, HbA1c that can all be entered or
figured into it. I use it basically as a meter. Tooooooooo many manuals to
study: PC, TV, VCR, camera, scanner, on and on and on! :-(

At one time, MiniMed and Roche were in cahoots, and with each MM pump, Roche
sent a free Complete. I have two of them - one from the user study, the
other cuz I got a MM pump 3/99. We use both.

BTW, I searched Google and Steel Magnolias was made in '89. (~_^)

Have you ever been just as right - but wrong?