[IP] Pumping and exposure to Super Bugs

My 92 year old neighbor has type 2 diabetes.  I taught her to do her own
glucose monitoring and helped her manage her diabetes.  She was reasonably
well till she was recently hospitalized due to fluid retention and other
problems.  Now she is home but with a super bug picked up at the hospital
and which no antibiotic can cure.  I was told by her nurse that I shouldn't
even hold her hand as my being on the insulin pump with the continuous
infusion might put ME in danger.  It is so painful to watch her from the far
end of the room and not be able to touch her or hug her.  I know she won't
live long as her heart is in bad shape and she can barely eat. Also her
diabetic meds were stopped because they affected her liver and kidneys and
her bg  is going way up.

Does anyone know what the danger is in having continuous infusion as per
insulin pumping and catching someone's super bug? Should I avoid going to my
neighbor's  apartment altogether? This is so terribly painful!!

Denise Guerin
Type 1 47 years
Minimed 507 4 years