[IP] A1C Calculations

Here are two of the calculations that can be used to convert your A1C to
actual BG levels.  I just went through some OLD notes that I kept from school
and found them.

I just came across these...don't ask me how they were developed or what the
reference is, because I simply don't know.  When using both calculations, my
average BG level came out within 5% of each other.

(1)   (A1C X 30)  -  60
(2)   (A1C X 33.3)  -  86

Roxanne M. Villanueva RD, LD, CPT
Registered and Licensed Dietitian
2002 ADA 'Call to Congress: Conquer Diabetes' Participant (May 1-3, 2002)
Minimed Certified Insulin Pump Trainer
IDDM X >20 Years, Pumping 1/4/1995
(First with Disetronic and now with MM since 11/00 and much happier!)
"Diabetes is a disease of complications and waiting for them to happen." - -
- Mary Tyler Moore

Please pray for my oldest friend, Sandi Pompili, as she battles Leukemia and
now recovers from a Bone Marrow Transplant on March 6, 2002.  She has a long
road to recovery.