Re: [IP] movies with diabetics

Two classic misrepresentations of diabetes in film: "ConAir" with Nicholas Cage.
If you remember, Cage is determined to get his weak friend his insulin shot.
After fending off the bad guys, Cage gets the shot, and seconds later the
diabetic character is on his feet and tangled in a giant brawl like Superman out
of a phonebooth. Also, there is a horror movie called "Species" with an alien who
has a human female body. Determined to mate with a "perfect" human, she kills
those who she finds to be less than perfect. Wouldn't you know it? Detectives
think she killed the guy because he was "a junkie." Nope! Just diabetic.

Education. Education. Education.