[IP] Re:pregnancy/insulin increase

With my first pregnancy (was on shots) my insulin requirements went up
immediately and went up weekly after that (dosage tripled by time of
delivery).  With my second pregnancy, my dosage didn't go up until about
the 3rd month.  Also, with my first pregnancy, I couldn't figure out why
I was having unexplained high blood sugars (which can be an indicator of
pregnancy).  2nd pregnancy on pump (dosage tripled, too).  Ended up doing
shots for meals (pump took 15 min. or so to deliver bolus causing higher
bg readings after meals).  This helped immediately fix the higher bg
readings after meals AND gave my pump a break.  :)

Jenie Harrison