[IP] pump malfunction

The screen on my son's 508 pump froze.  He called Minimed and they told him
to change the batteries, but this didn't help.  They are sending him a new
pump on Monday.  In the meantime, the pump is clicking every few minutes so
we think it's delivering his basals.  He just can't bolus.  Do you all think
he should keep the pump on?  Did anyone else experience this?
  By the way, of course this is happening while he is on a roadtrip without
me.  This is the first time he's been away from me with the exception of
diabetes camp.  I want him to have some independence (he's 15).  I hope this
doesn't ruin it!