Re: [IP] The BEST glucose monitoring System (a little off topic!)

In a message dated 4/6/2002 8:37:33 AM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Can someone tell me where i can find the Vacculance?
Here's a link where you can buy it:
 <A HREF="http://www.diabeticpromotions.com/">Diabetic Promotions</A>
Go to "Lancing Devices" and look on page 2 for the Microlet Vacculance -- at
$24.95, it's a bit pricey . . . as you've already read, like many of these
meters and lancet devices, some folks really like it and others don't like it
at all.

The depth of the "poke" is adjustable and we found that if you rub the skin
vigorously before doing the lancing, my daughter could use it on the
shallowest setting (which made a big difference in comfort and sig. reduced
the propensity to bruise  her arm -- which was a big problem with the other
alt. site lancets she tried).  It really is a good idea to read the
instructions on how to use the vacculance properly -- since if you do it
wrong the droplet will spatter all over when you remove the device and you
have to start all over.

The vacculance isn't fast, but the way it sucks the blood to the surface was
the reason it worked for her as an alternate site lancet when the others
either didn't get a big enough drop, hurt too much, or left nasty bruises

Pumpmama to Katie