[IP] Type 1 or Type 2?

Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 21:57:54 EST
From: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: Type 1 vs Type 2 (was Re: [IP] Type I denied life insurance at
age 31!)

My endo called me a type 3--you and I know there is no such monster. My
pancreas no longer produces insulin. As others have said on this site--T1 is
an autoimmune disease. My last c-peptide showed that I no longer produce
insulin. I, however, am VERY insulin resistant. I take U-500 R Humulin,
because I was taking over 150 units a day of Humalog. I have been EXTREMELY
ill over the past 2 years and my DR thinks I have developed some other
autoimmune disease. I have always built up antibodies to my insulin as well
as any insulin I have taken. As the saying goes YMMV.

Nicole, I didn't know that anyone online was taking U-500 R insulin.  I was
taking 318 units of H a day and was flooding my site.  My endo switched me
to U-500 R because they don't make the U-500 in the Humalog.  I hate the
stuff.  How in the world do you know an hour ahead of time what you are
going to eat and that you will be hungry?  I have just given up and bolus
2.5 which is 25 every meal.  I was taking huge amounts of steriods but
doctor has me backing off slowly. Anybody who has gone through this knows
what "hell" is.   Is anyone else out there taking this R insulin in the
pump?  Trina