Re: [IP] carpal tunnel and diabetes

In a message dated 04/05/2002 10:20:58 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I just read an article on the ADA website about how the traditional way
> of diagnosing carpal tunnel doesn't work very well for diabetics, I
> think they're talking about EMG's.

you mention that when they found out you were diabetic they changed from
carpel tunnel to neurophty.  Last year I started having pains in my hands
thumb and first three fingers.  I went to the Dr. and told her I thought it
might be neurophy as ive been diabetic 30 yrs and have no complication yet,
She told me no.  That neropthy usually starts in the legs first.  I had
carpel tunnel  and the orthopedic surgeon said diabetics  were prone to this
condition  I had the surgery three weeks ago and all is going well