RE: [IP] Pregancy and Questions

toxemia describes the blood results of high blood pressure in pregnancy.  My
bp was HIGH the day I had my c-section...180/120 when resting...people here
could probably tell you the specifics better than me...I just know that I had
creatinine clearances done, all sorts of blood work...I had to see a
hematologist at the end, because the bp was causing my hemoglobin(?) to drop
to dangerous levels, meaning that when I had my section, I would bleed to
death...the bp caused the clotting agent in my blood to drop way low...Your
kidneys shut down with the bp and then your blood becomes "toxemic" to your
body...just a lay description...I'm sure others could tell you more...I saw
lights and odd colors and spots in my eyes with bp this high...was a very
scary thing..