Re: Type 1 vs Type 2 (was Re: [IP] Type I denied life insurance at age 31!)

My endo called me a type 3--you and I know there is no such monster. My
pancreas no longer produces insulin. As others have said on this site--T1 is
an autoimmune disease. My last c-peptide showed that I no longer produce
insulin. I, however, am VERY insulin resistant. I take U-500 R Humulin,
because I was taking over 150 units a day of Humalog. I have been EXTREMELY
ill over the past 2 years and my DR thinks I have developed some other
autoimmune disease. I have always built up antibodies to my insulin as well
as any insulin I have taken. As the saying goes YMMV.