[IP] Reading for todays screwed up health system.

This explains the test, tells about how to think of it in terms of the
disorder for which the tests are done and the significance of the values.

Dr. Joe, The Diabetes Doctor

I also highly recommend every person read the book "Clinical Judgement"
Alvan R Feinstein, 1967 Williams and Wilins Co. Baltimore 1967
Tough reading but very well written and thought out. discusses lots of
thorny issues in medicine today and shows why doctors need to examine you
hands on before recommending tests and procedures. Some hospital libraries
have it. I would not buy it for casual use but still have my copy from med
school (1967). May be out of print now.
Among other things the book teaches you how to interpret laboratory tests.
Its the sort of book you wold hope your doctor has read. spot