Re: [IP] Type I denied life insurance at age 31!

I am a 32 year old teacher. I have been diabetic for 21 years. I was T2 for
years and recently became T1--if that's possible...my pancreas gave up!
Anyway, while I was T2 I had no trouble getting any kind of insurance. Our
school system just changed over to AFLAC and I told them I am insulin
dependent and on the pump. The ONLY type of insurance I could get from them
was cancer. They have a GREAT policy for physical therapy. I had to go to PT
when I had an ulcer a year ago. I thought it would have been wonderful for
this to have been covered by insurance, but I could not qualify. They would
not insure me for anything but cancer. I said, "No thanks!" I enroll for all
kinds of insurance when there is open enrollment. I know it has to be near
impossible to qualify for coverage. Good luck in your endeavors.