[IP] re: panic room

I saw The Panic Room the other night. It was pretty
good overall. I found it interesting that diabetes was
never explicitly mentioned, though it was implied
throughout the movie (showing insulin vials in fridge,
glucagon kit and supplies, medical ID sticker on
nightstand, etc). And the glucowatch didn't look
anything like the one on their website (but rather,
like Shannon's medical alert watch). The girl was not a
pumper, at least the implication (from showing
syringes) was that she was on MDI. The one beef I had
(and I know this was done purely for dramatic effect
but it still bugged me) was when the daughter was going
low (and was hungry) and the mom was looking for
something with sugar in it. She was looking through the
emergency bins and was moving the MRE's (packaged
"troop" meals, typically loaded with carbs) aside and
looking at the labels on things like mouthwash to see
if they had sugar in them. Since nothing had sugar and
there was no candy, the daughter eventually went from
an easily treatable low to a seizure requiring
glucagon. Oh, and the girl did get a glucagon shot, not
insulin, for the low (I think someone had thought it
was insulin?) It was never explicitly stated but it did
have to be mixed first and it was indeed a glucagon
vial and syringe. I kept waiting for her to do the
"technicolor yawn" afterwards (how's that for drama!)
but it never happened. Someone else mentioned the
regular soda and pizza for dinner - if that were
Shannon she most likely would've been high later, not
low. :) But hey, it's Hollywood. Anything goes! Does
anyone know if the actress who played the daughter
actually has diabetes (probably doesn't, but I was just

Take care, Kerri, mom of Shannon-11, dxT1 5.3yrs,
pumping 2.3yrs, and 7 other blessings
~*~do-`da-ga-g`hv-i (until we meet again)~*~