Re: [IP] more misinformation

Type 2's don't  convert to type 1, even if they use
insulin. Some type 2's do become entirely dependent on
insulin after many, many years of diabetes, but they
are still considered type 2. The majority of type 2's
do not fall into this category (entirely dependent on
insulin), however, which is why I said previously that
they are insulin-using rather than insulin-dependent.
Both terms are actually correct depending on the
situation. If you are entirely dependent on insulin you
will go into DKA when the insulin is removed. Type 2's
don't typically go into DKA but rather, HHNK
(hyperosmolar hyperglycemic nonketotic coma) - (the
majority) having just enough basal insulin to keep them
from DKA. This is why I thought the distinction needed
to be made. I should've clarified some of my earlier
statements better though and made things more clear. I
wasn't trying to downplay the seriousness of type 2 in
any way and I apologize if I gave that impression to

Take care, Kerri, mom of Shannon-11, dxT1 5.3yrs,
pumping 2.3yrs, and 7 other blessings
~*~do-`da-ga-g`hv-i (until we meet again)~*~

Billie Sue Parker said:
Go figure.  I bet these people will have a hard time if
their type 2 converts to type 1.  Imagine the
confusion.  Just my two cents worth.