[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #234

In a message dated 4/5/2002 11:13:35 AM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I once had a type two diabetic try to tell me that my problem was my diet
> and
> that if I would eat right, I would not have to take insulin.

I can beat that.  How about my physician assignmed to me through my insurance
company telling me the same thing.  I just laughed and said  "really??" .  He
stood proud and said "yes, it is possible".  Man I wanted to tell him off but
it is ignorant people including physicians that are giving educated diabetics
incorrect information.  I still still this physician only ot receive my
referrals to my endo.  It cracks me up every time I hear a story like yours.