[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V6 #233

After having 3 children and being diabetic for 20 years, I'll venture some

It is normal for your blood sugars to be low your first trimester. You need
to have your basal rates changed. As you enter your 2nd trimester and get
bigger and ba`by gets bigger, your need will increase. Being on the pump is
the best way. My first was on injections (10 years ago) and I gained a ton of
weight (I was actually injecting 100 units at breakfast.). With my second, I
was in tight control, 4 shots a day. I was pumping with my 3rd (my easiest by
If you would like to email personally, feel free to
My Email address is email @ redacted
Good luck to you and Congratulations on the bABY!!