Re: [IP] defective ultraflex tubing pulled away from the screw end

Great! I'll wait to call until I get the info from you - it will help to
have a name.  I was shocked. Is your daughter also using ultraflex?  I
think that is a major quality control problem.  Tubings should not pull
apart!!!  Was hers also hanging by a thread, or did it pull out and cleanly
separate?
Thanks so much.
betsy

--On Friday, April 05, 2002 9:42 AM -0500 "CWD Mom (Barbi)"
<email @ redacted> wrote:r

> Betsy,
>
> I have had a similar problem with the tubing on my daughters pump, except
> that it has happened at the Site end rather than the pump end. I have the
> name of the gentleman that you should call at Disetronic, but
> unfortunately it is at home and I am at work. When I get home, if you
> have not already contacted them, I will e-mail you his details.
>
> I think it is David someone and he is in charge of customer complaints
> and quality issues. I also sent him several of my daughters defective
> tubes and am waiting for him to get back with me.
>
> Let me know if I can send you his details later.
>
> BARBI
>

>> From: Betsy Polley
>> To: email @ redacted
>> Subject: [IP] defective ultraflex tubing pulled away from the screw end
>> Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 08:44:28 -0500
>>
>> Hi, I recently had a defective ULtraflex set and I am wondering if
>> anyone
>> else has had a similar problem with the ultraflex or any other set.
>> My
>> blood sugar unexpectedly shot up to 490 (I know I was low about 5
>> hours
>> before - checked my pump of course and the tubing of the ultraflex
>> had
>> pulled out of the part that screws onto the pump. The tubing was
>> hanging
>> from my pump by a nylon thread.
>> I;ve pumped for a number of years and have never seen a tubing pull
>> out of
>> the screw end like that. I was shocked and quite honestly am scared
>> to try
>> another ultraflex - I went back to my old tenders.
>> There were no unusually hard pulls on my tubing - I do have three
>> kids
>> (ages 4, 2, and 10 months) and the 10 mo old especially likes to
>> pull on
>> the tubing while nursing, but that certainly shouldn't pull the
>> tubing off
>> the screw end.
>> I plan to call Disetronic asap and I saved the defective set to send
>> them.
>> I did search the Maude database at FDA and didn't see any similar
>> reports.
>> Thanks so much
>> Betsy Polley, age 35, diabetic since 1974, Disetronic v100 since
>> 1994,
>> mother of three young kids thanks to my pump.
>> email @ redacted

> Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: Click Here

Betsy
Rene (11/22/97), Corrina (8/7/99) and Hank (6/7/01)