Re: [IP] next generation pumping

"Handsfield, James H." <email @ redacted> wrote:

> Robin Ramm [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:
> > Just a question...for those of us who chose a pump other than
> > Minimed...what  will happen when the closed loop option comes around?
Will we
> > all have to have a Minimed in order for it to work?

> At present, Medtronic Minimed is the only company testing a closed loop
> system - with rather spectacular results, BTW.  Last I heard, U. S.
> trials will start around the end of the year.
> So . . . yes, if you want a closed loop system when they are first
> available, chances are it will be a Minimed.  I'm sure there will be
> competitors, but they'll come later.

In order for a "closed loop system to work" it will need to have a sensor
that is reliable and for our own comfort it will not need to be replaced on
a "regular" basis.  I think that the company that accomplishes this will be
the successful one.  I don't know if that will be Medtronic or not.  :>)