[IP] Re: oldies issues

email @ redacted writes:

> Those first strips that I used ('82) were Chemstrip bg. They had a two part
> pad on the end and the results were interpolated by comparing between the
> two. I had to always have a watch with a second hand since it took 60
> seconds by a clock. We wiped the blood off with a cotton ball at a certain
> point, then waited.

Jan - Yes those were the ones I used too and you're right I had to have a
watch with either a second hand or mostly I preferred a digital one with
seconds.  It really makes me appreciate my Ultra with no wiping and results
in 5 seconds.

>>>I went 31 years not ever knowing except the one test periodically at the
>>>dr's office or lab. I can see why my family thinks *what's the big deal*
>>>since I never did before. As I said before, DM can be a lonely disease.

Yes it is.  My family is very supportive and really does not give
'unsolicited' advise but still they don''t know what it's like to live as a
diabetic and struggle with it sometimes every waking (and a few sleeping)
hours of every day.

Type 1 28 years and pumping 2 1/2 years