Re: [IP] Pump issue for those who use less than 25 units/day

> I have had a Minimed 508 for 13 months and use 13-14 units/day. The
> potential problem is that, with the insulin flowing so slowly most
> of the time, the tubing or cannula can get clogged.  So said the
> Minimed people on the one occasion I had an unexplained "no
> delivery" alarm. They suggested I might want to dilute the insulin
> and double the basal rates. But I never had another problem (and
> never did figure out if the alarm had been caused by a clog anyway)
> so I didn't bother.

I don't know if this is your situation or not, but my daughter was
able to get routine no delivery alarms by sitting a certain way on
a kitchen chair with the tubing running under the elastic on her
undies or a swim suit. That combined with having the tube rest in a
tummy-skin-fold would trigger a no-delivery alarm when a bolus was
given. Simply moving the tubing or standing would eliminate the
alarm. This condition is not necessarily obvious and we discovered it
inadvertently during one summer when she swam a lot and always had a
swim suit on during the day.