Re: [IP] Basal vs. Bolus Ratio Mystery

Its not you.  I have a 1:15 for meals, and a 1:50 for corrctions.  When I
first started the correction was 1:75.

(Actually, I don't think that 1:50 is right, but it could just be that I
need different ratios at different times of day.  Anyone else like that?
Can you give me some tips on how you figured that out, or did your CDE/Endo
do it?)

email @ redacted

>From: "Kim Chaloner" <email @ redacted>
>To: email @ redacted
>Subject: [IP] Basal vs. Bolus Ratio Mystery
>Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 08:47:27 -0500
>I have been reading J. Walsh's Pumping Insulin and trying to figure out my
>correction and carb ratios.  Here's my problem:  the ratios seem
>correlated in the book, and I would imagine they should be within a
>certain range of each other.  (Like the initial trial of 1:15 carb/1:30
>correction you get from MDs).  Mine seems to be way off (yes, yes,
>everyone's different....)  My carb ratio works around 1:16  - 1:17 but my
>correction bolus is 1: 110.  Could this just be me or does it sound like a
>mistake in calculations to you?
>Thanks in advance for your ideas and advice!

AIM:  jspock1
ICQ:  25177424
MSN:  email @ redacted