In a message dated Thu, 4 Apr 2002  9:53:47 AM Eastern Standard Time, email @ redacted writes:

> Anybody have a magic formulas for bolusing properly for a bagel (preferably Sara Lee).  I do my normal calculation based on the package and come up with lousy post prandial numbers.  I understand this has been discussed previously and the conclusion is that bagels are just to  difficult to dose.
> Thanks for your help,
> Barbara
> who just doesn't know what to eat for breakfast anymore....

Hi Barbara

I used to eat bagels for breakfast many moons ago - but my CDE said "there isn't enough insulin in the world to cover bagels" and sadly I found this to be true. May I suggest my favorite breakfast: a egg white veggie omelet (can be made the night before and nuked if time constraints), 1 slice ww toast, 1/2 grapefruit (used to have a yogurt too but am now using that for a mid-morning snack).

Linda & Dax