Re: [IP] next generation pumping

In a message dated Thu, 4 Apr 2002  9:53:16 AM Eastern Standard Time, email @ redacted writes:

> Just a question...for those of us who chose a pump other than Minimed...what
> will happen when the closed loop option comes around? Will
> we all have to have
> a Minimed in order for it to work?

All the companies are working on this. The next step is probably going to be a implanted monitoring system that will stand alone (have been in a talk about this from Animas - it will work with any pump cuz you will still have to tell pump). Target for that is 2004 - THEN comes a closed loop system. The technology is going to continue changing I wouldn't worry.

Linda & Dax