Re: [IP] Complications

In a message dated 04/03/2002 10:19:15 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> i have been pumping for the last year and my A1C's are at 6.3, which i think
> is great.  I am starting an exercise program and nutrition.   I just want
> some kind of hope that i'm not going to be stuck with failed kidneys no
> matter how hard I work at this.....
> thanks!
> jacob Chojnacki
> dx 14 years.... 1 year pumping MM508
> Chicago

     I have been a type 1 for 37 years-- I was warned that if I didn,t
control my diabetes I would have complicatiions--- I decided to watch my diet
very carefully -- at this point of time I have  No Complications after 37
years-- I wear glasses only for close up reading -- My eyes are good.   I did
have  a slight of protien in my urine for a few years but was cleared up by
taking Diovan (this was started after taking prinivil to help control it)
several years later I started taking Diovan along with prinivil --I have been
clear for three years--    I am now 72 years old and feel great and travel