RE: [IP] next generation pumping

Robin Ramm [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> Just a question...for those of us who chose a pump other than
> Minimed...what
> will happen when the closed loop option comes around? Will we
> all have to have
> a Minimed in order for it to work?

At present, Medtronic Minimed is the only company testing a closed loop
system - with rather spectacular results, BTW.  Last I heard, U. S. clinical
trials will start around the end of the year.

So . . . yes, if you want a closed loop system when they are first
available, chances are it will be a Minimed.  I'm sure there will be
competitors, but they'll come later.

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted OR