Re: [IP] more misinformation

When discussing diabetes, I refer to type 2's who use
insulin as "insulin-using type 2's" which acknowledges
their need for insulin but also distinquishes them from
the totally insulin-dependent type 1. I've run into
some type 2's who refer to themselves as
"insulin-dependent type 2", because they use insulin,
but that confuses people (and things are already
confusing enough - there are people who don't even fit
neatly into the categories, causing more confusion)
Just think how confused a person with no knowledge of
diabetes would be if, in a social setting, a type 2 and
a type 1 both stated their different types and said
they were insulin-dependent. I just think it is more
accurate to say they are insulin-using rather than
insulin-dependent (because if they were the latter they
would, by default, be type 1 - at least according to
current categorizing).

Just my opinion, of course. :)

Take care, Kerri, mom of Shannon-11, dxT1 5.3yrs,
pumping 2.3yrs, and 7 other blessings
~*~do-`da-ga-g`hv-i (until we meet again)~*~