Re: [IP] more misinformation

Regarding misinformation, when I was younger (preteen, I think...) I once
had an older T2 man try to tell me that I was born diabetic, they just
didn't realize it till I was seven.  Ha.  An interesting [heated] debate
ensued...  an adamant argumentative teenager vs an elderly man who thought
he had an MD degree.

I've also heard people say (very recently, actually!) that their doctors
told them they had to start eating less sugar or else they'd "catch"
diabetes.  I wonder, were they joking and the patients didn't catch on, or
did they really believe it?