Re: [IP] Using Audio Boluses/Remotes

I know it's different with a child, but I use audio bolus pretty much
all the time. I have a D. H-Tron, and that's probably my favorite
feature. Not only do I not need to fumble for my reading glasses to
see how much insulin I'm giving, but with the raised buttons I don't
even have to look at the pump.

When I first got the pump, I looked at the screen to be sure I was
giving the right amount, but now I never do.

When I was pregnant with my second child, I wore the pump in my bra
(since a belt wouldn't fit around my middle). That worked fine
because I could feel the buttons, even through several layers of
clothing, but one night we were in a very noisy restaurant. My
husband had to put his ear to my chest (talk about looking odd) to
count beeps. :-)

If I'm ever unsure about the amount, I simply press the button to
clear the amount and start again.

Jenny Nash
email @ redacted
Type 1 diabetes since 1/31/73, pumping on a D. since 10/3/95.